Here is some information from the American College of Foot & Ankle Surgeons.
What is a Foot and Ankle Surgeon?
Men, Women, Children, and Diabetics all have unique foot and ankle issues that they are more likely to be susceptible to. Below is some information on common foot and ankle problems.
- Women are more likely to suffer from different foot problems that men. Many of these problems stem from years of wearing high heels and other shoes with narrow toe boxes. For more information on problems that women typically experience click Women.
- Men are vulnerable to foot and ankle injuries related to physical labor and athletics. They are also prone to ignoring problems until they become debilitating. For more information on problems that men typically experience click Men.
- Foot and Ankle pain in children is never normal. Any pain that lasts for more than a few days should be evaluated by a doctor. For information on issues that may present themselves in children click Children.
- Both male and female athletes are vulnerable to foot and ankle problems. The repeated pounding of running and the jumping and cutting associated with sports can cause myriad problems for more information click Athletes. Or check or list of sport-specific links Here.
- Diabetics can experience foot and ankle issues caused by nerve damage or poor circulation. For more information click Diabetics.